Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Am A Colon!!

So, I get one of those forwarded emails from an acquaintance titled,

"I Am A Colon!! What are you??"


I immediately think, "OK, I know that I'm often described as ' a little anal retentive,' but I've never heard of someone so extreme that they're described as 'a colon!!'" And up on the little projection screen of my mind pops a diagram of the intestinal tract with appropriate (or in this case, inappropriate) labeling Uhg!
Now I'm not real big on the whole forwarded-emails thing, but I decided for sanity's sake, I needed to check out this one. Well come to find out, (insert big sigh of relief) this was one of those personality tests, "What Punctuation Mark Are You?" My interest already piqued, I decided to find out what punctuation mark I am. The test is just 5 questions long, but there were a few for which I had a hard time picking just one answer. The first time I took it, I discovered that I too was ironically "A Colon." Here are my results.

You Are a Colon



You are very orderly and fact driven.
You aren't concerned much with theories or dreams... only what's true or untrue.

You are brilliant and incredibly learned. Anything you know is well researched.
You like to make lists and sort through things step by step. You aren't subject to whim or emotions.

Your friends see you as a constant source of knowledge and advice.
(But they are a little sick of you being right all of the time!)

You excel in: Leadership positions

You get along best with: The Semi-Colon



Now some of this description was accurate, but some of it was also pretty off-base. For instance, I LOVE lists, and organizing, and sorting things. I love to research "stuff," and try to be knowledgeable about all things pertaining to my life or of any other interest. I am considered the" go-to gal" for many of my family and friends when they need to know what items are best for them to buy in various areas of current technology (i.e. photography equipment, computers and peripherals, multimedia systems, PDAs, MP3 players, etc). I really do love the research involved in all that. But I also love to dream, plan ahead, and develop theories. I am often subject to whims and emotions. And I don't believe that I'm overbearing to my friends,...I don't think.... So anyway, the test was half right, I guess. I showed my results to Glenn, and he agreed with my assessment of them. Then Glenn took the test, and he is a Question Mark....I coulda told you that. ;)
Glenn then helped me retake the test for fun, with his answers based on how he sees me. This time I was a Comma. Here are those results.


You Are a Comma



You are open minded and extremely optimistic.
You enjoy almost all facets of life. You can find the good in almost anything.

You keep yourself busy with tons of friends, activities, and interests.
You find it hard to turn down an opportunity, even if you are pressed for time.

Your friends find you fascinating, charming, and easy to talk to.
(But with so many competing interests, you friends do feel like you hardly have time for them.)

You excel in: Inspiring people

You get along best with: The Question Mark


You'll notice that a Comma gets along best with a Question Mark. I'm a Comma. Glenn is a Question Mark. Awwwwwwww!
Now I'm a very social person who thrives on my friendships, and on spending time with those I love. I have dozens of interests, and do spend much of my personal free time pursuing them. But while I manage to keep busy, it's not usually with tons of engagements, and activities, but with my family, and a smaller number of really close friends. I like it that way. I do enjoy being able to be involved in church programs and functions, and love the scrapping and stamping groups of which I've been a part. But fundamentally, my kiddos and Glenn are my world, and the more I get to know them, the more time I want to spend with them. I don't generally need much "alone time," but now and then find it the perfect way to reestablish any dwindling sanity, and remind me of how much I enjoy my family and my life.
I try to be open-minded, but only as guided by My Lord and my conscience. And as far as optimism goes, well it depends on when you catch me. So once again, the test was about half right. I guess I could be a combination of the two results. Let's see...what would that make me? A Commatose Colon?! (yikes) Or a Colonic Comma?! (even worse) It doesn't really matter....These tests are just meant for entertainment purposes. Obviously, I took that to heart.


Try it yourself... What Punctuation Mark Are You?

No comments: