Wednesday, April 9, 2008

To Blog or Not To Blog

I remember the first time I heard someone talk about "blogging." I, of course, had no idea what they meant. After being schooled in the newest craze, I believe my reaction was something like, "Hmmm....I bet I'd really get hooked on that!" Then I promptly decided that there was absolutely no time in my life for another hobby, and neatly filed it away under "Cool Things That Other People Do." And over the past few years, I've been happy to leave it there. I did have a family website for a while and did some blogging there, but it died down, and I closed it a while ago. But now, as a once-avid "journaler," I've been lamenting a fast, accessible outlet for the plethora of thoughts, emotions, and etceteras that I once penned onto the pages of my journals. I find there's no better way for me to grasp onto my life, and learn, and grow into a better me, than by facing it in written form. So, motivated totally by bettering myself and mine, I start this blogging adventure, and hope that it might also speak to anyone who wanders in. I do not claim to be an expert in grammar, and am guilty of using punctuation (especially commas) as a form of pause, but I'm asking in advance that you forgive my blunders, and see my heart.

No comments: